My Fab Fam

My Fab Fam
Photo by Thousand Hills Photography. Click on photo to visit their site.

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Everything Cookies

My man really gets a little frustrated with me that I never follow a recipe.  Has he ever told me this?  No.  Would he ever admit it?  No.  He compliments the food, always.  But I know him.  I know what he is not saying, and what he is not saying is, "You didn't follow the recipe again, did you?"

Every once in a while I will make something he really likes, and he will say something like, "What did you put in this?  You should write it down so you can make it again."

The down-side to never using a recipe is you can rarely create the same dish twice.  The up-side to never using a recipe is you never eat the same thing twice!

So, today, when I decided I wanted a rich, fall flavored cookie, I did some Google searches with various combinations of the following words:  oats, pecans, chocolate chips, and maple syrup.  I found nothing that was exactly what I wanted; so -big surprise - I improvised.  Truth be known, had I found a recipe that sounded really awesome, I probably still would have changed something.

What follows is the recipe to what I am calling "Everything Granola Cookies," because I basically threw every ingredient from every recipe I found that I liked, plus a few more ingredients not listed on any recipes.  



Everything Granola Cookies

Preheat oven to 375.

Mix:

1 stick butter, softened
*FYI: when in a pinch, I have realized I can use the microwave on defrost setting to soften the butter without melting it completely!
1/2 c. sunbutter
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. raw sugar

While mixing on low speed, add:

2 eggs
2 T. maple syrup
1 t. vanilla

Mix in a separate bowl:

1 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt

Add flour mixture to egg mixture, mixing by hand.

Add:

3 c. oats
1 c. pecans
1 bag of chocolate chips

Scoop by rounded spoonful on stone cookie sheet and bake 10 mins. 

Yum-yum!

------------------------------------------

Also in the oven today (only because I'm cooking to procrastinate finishing the dreaded wardrobe change)...

Alton Brown's Granola and cheese enchiladas made with Jami Nato's whole wheat tortillas

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please check back, as I often reply to your comments. =)