My Fab Fam

My Fab Fam
Photo by Thousand Hills Photography. Click on photo to visit their site.

Saturday, October 11, 2014

I Can Sew

Not.

I'll be keepin' it real up in here today: I sewed my pants to the sewing machine. Lit-ra-lee. How does that even happen? And not just once, but twice. I wasn't sure how I was going to get them off the second time. I tugged and pulled and cut and tugged and pulled. Until I popped a piece off of my sewing machine. I thought I broke it. 

After fixing the "broken" piece that wasn't broken, I pulled out a ribbon to experiment. I then sewed IT to the machine. Again, not just once, but twice. I guess if you do the same thing over and over you should expect the same results over and over. Perhaps I'm not a quick study. 

I tried to take a picture of this epic and, after the fourth time, humorous failure but I could not find an angle that justly represented the mess I made. Just take my word: momma can't sew. 


I worked for an hour and a half before admitting defeat and calling my dear mentor-friend for help. She came and had me sewing again in ten. 

I've decided thread-free is best for me when it comes to fabric. So, today I started cutting old clothes into strips and braiding them together for a rag rug. This I can do. I think. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please check back, as I often reply to your comments. =)